Job Posting: Program Manager
Location: 2238 Yukon Street, Vancouver, BC
Welcome to Product Care Recycling, a dynamic not-for-profit organization dedicated to environmental stewardship. At Product Care, we protect the environment by developing effective recycling programs that operate across North America. Join us in keeping products such as light bulbs, paint, smoke alarms, and household hazardous waste out of landfills and waterways, as we collaborate with manufacturers, distributors, and retailers to create impactful end-of-life product solutions. Be part of a team that believes in the power of collective responsibility in order to make a lasting impact on our planet. Explore the possibilities of a greener future with us at www.productcare.org.
About The Position
The Program Manager is responsible for the full cycle of program management of the provincial product stewardship programs led by Product Care, including successful development, approval, implementation, and ongoing management.
- Provide leadership, support, direction, and mentorship, to direct reports including recruitment and selection, training, and performance management.
- As part of the leadership team, help chart the organizations’ strategic priorities and goals, as well as provide quality guidance and service to external programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams towards achieving the best results for the organization.
- Design, successfully implement and manage programs in accordance with the organization’s strategic priorities and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure program initiatives, policies, and annual plans are agile enough to meet the changing regulatory requirements and program commitments of all applicable programs.
- Responsible for risk management and program performance including financial performance.
- Lead research, planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services, as well as continuous improvement.
- Manage, liaise, and build relationships with various stakeholders including but not limited to provincial regulators/oversight bodies, local government, industry members and industry associations, third party auditors and service partners.
- Attend and present at events and conferences, build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for development of all internal, external and regulatory reports, analysis and key performance indicators.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in environmental studies, sustainability, engineering, business, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Program Management, or Project Management experience.
- Experience with waste management, stewardship experience or extended product responsibility is an asset.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Effective communications skills, written and verbal, with the ability to listen and persuade.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proactive, takes initiative, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to lead programs and teams independently, with an ability to inspire and motivate team members.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. CRM and database management experience is an asset.
- Legally able to work in Canada full time, without restrictions.
- Ability to travel occasionally within Canada when required.
What We Offer
- Product Care offers a competitive salary ($85,000 – $120,000) based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits
- RRSP matching program
- A dynamic, team-based work environment and
- The satisfaction of knowing your work is making a positive difference for the environment.
Please apply ASAP by sending your cover letter and resume including salary expectations, to Shameem Subhan at email@example.com
The posting will remain open until filled.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.